Subject: Re: Wanted: FM Recorder owner
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-12-20

Henri DAVID wrote:
> > > Again, without the charger plugged in, the
> > > system immediately turned itself off after booting.
> > This is very curious. I assume this does not happen when you have
> > the 1.30j ajbrec.ajz in the root dir?

I see I misread this. I thought it shut off immediately after pressing ON. Now I see it shuts off after it has booted. Then it's just a normal failure, not a mystery. :-)

I did not expect Rockbox to work with the new FM Recorder, I merely wanted to test if the new scrambler would produce a file that the FM Recorder would load and run. So the test is a success.

> well, not that curious. because the charging code cannot handle the new
> batteries, it thinks that there are empty, and therefore switch the unit off
> when charger in not plugged in.
>
> Could it be this ???

The charging code never calls power_off(). Also, the charging code is not executed if the charger is not plugged in.

--
Björn