RE: probs with this mailing-list

From: cdj <jonesc5_at_cc.wwu.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:32:16 -0800

Hi all,

I like the idea (and would make use of it) of a "web forum" as a place
to look over everybody's thoughts, but I can also appreciate that some
people prefer the current mailing list setup. Maybe I'm misunderstanding
the thoughts expressed on the thread, but it sounds to me as though
people think that these two formats are mutually exclusive. I don't see
why this is the case - make a web forum that auto-populates with the
mailing list, and vice-versa - every post to the forum shoots out an
email to the mailing list. Think of the web forum as the "http member"
of the mailing list, I suppose...

Does this setup have the potential to please everyone? (I know that this
is impossible by definition, but I like to keep trying nonetheless... =)

cdj