Subject: Re: PIC12C508A-based remote - update
From: Steve Russell (
Date: 2002-12-21

I can now change the baud rate on the fly, and you can see Rockbox start to
reject the commands as the baud rate deviates too much (+ or -) from the

My measurements of current consumption bear out my calculations. Even with a
standard '508A, the battery life (2xCR2032 cells) should be about 2 years.
If a low-power (LC) device is used, a single CR2032 should last a similar

My next step is to design a PCB to go in a small box.