Subject: Re: Tool to fix corrupt recordings..

Re: Tool to fix corrupt recordings..

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:58:59 +0100

Martin Borus wrote:
> As Paul has lost his glitch, here's one of mine (from the 1.7GB file)
> I've uploaded an example to "www.syltlinks.de/rockbox/glitch.mp3"

I don't think I need to examine the file. I just wondered if there was a
glitch at all. If there was no glitch, the bad data would have been just
garbage, but since there is a glitch it must be that the MAS driver had
had problems reading the data from the MAS.

This sure is a tough bug to catch. I can't understand what makes the
driver behave like that. It isn't impossible that the fault is in the
MAS, but I sure don't hope so.

/Linus