Subject: Backlight on recorder dimming?
From: Chris Muth (muthchris_at_mchsi.com)
Date: 2002-12-23

Hello all,
        I have a relatively new Archos Jukebox Recorder 15GB.
Model: JBRHD15BF

I have noticed that sometimes that backlight will just go off, and other times
it won't just go off, it will momentarily get brighter with a hint of yellow and then
slowly get dimmer and dimmer until the backlight is completely off.

I have noticed this with the original archos firmware 1.28/1.27d, rockbox release 1.4, and
rockbox daily build 021220. I am currently running daily build 021220.

I have not done enough testing to see how to induce the different behavior.
I did a google search to see if I could find anything, I found nothing.
I did a search of the rockbox site to see if I could find anything. I found a great deal of
hits talking about the backlight, but none of them mentioned the backlight dimming.

I think the dimming is pretty cool, I just can't figure out why if appears to get yellow and
I can't quite figure out what determines whether it dims or just goes off.

Does anyone else's AJBR do this? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
        Chris Muth