Subject: Re: Cannot see Directory after dragging mp3 files -- Archos JBS20

Re: Cannot see Directory after dragging mp3 files -- Archos JBS20

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:31:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "LRamos" <Lee_Ramos_at_hotmail.com>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 11:59 AM

> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently purchased a Studio 20 for my daughter. I even called and email
> Archos with NO success. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

No reply? Or suggestions that didn't work?

> Just like the questioned asked earlier about sample mp3 come pre-install
on
> the jb20, I too received 3. However, here is the problem:
>
> I configured everything as instructed on my desktop running Windows 2000
> SP3. I load the TP drivers and formatted the built-in Hitachi DK23DA-20
hard
> drive (FAT32).

So, you could see the sample files and play them, then you formatted the
drive (I'm curious why you did this, I saw nothing in the instructions
prompting me to format the drive) and now you can't see anything. This
tells me that you messed something up when you formatted the drive. Did you
use any particular settings when you did this? Are you sure you formatted
with FAT32?

> I then dragged and dropped successfully to drive F: (JUKEBOX directory). I
> even used musicmatch and checked. OK! I can see ALL the files on the hard
> drive. I then disconnected using the disconnect program, OK! But when I
turn
> OFF and turn ON the unit, it comes up with (empty) 1/1.

Forget MusticMatch for a moment. Can you see the files in Windows Explorer
when you open the F: drive?

> I checked the doc and it says it will not see files if they don't have a
> mp3 extension. ALL my files have mp3 extension.
>
> Any ideas? I tried everything...8 hours worth.
>
> Going Crazy!!

For some of us, that is a very short trip! :)
Don't worry, we will get it sorted sooner or later.

Chris