Subject: RE: [not related to rockbox] no long filenames in windows xp
Date: 2003-01-02

>When I plug my archos (ajbr20) in windows XP, he sees it as a "short file
>name" device. I can't copy files on it, without renaming to 8.3 file names.

>This is without installing the usb drivers from the archos website. Then I
>installed them and it worked fine. But now (and I changed nothing) it does
>that again. I also have *two* icons (the little drive with a green arrow)
>the "traytask" when I plug it in... Don't know if it's normal.
>I tried reinstalling the archos usb drivers but did not work..........
>Does anyone experience the same problems?
>Any idea how to solve them?
>(I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem, especially I have
>same problem on two different PCs)
>Thanks !

Hi !
Had the same problem today with my jb20rec(60GB HDD upgrade).
This seems to have to do with some drive recognition when hot un-plugging
and plugging
back again, because sometimes the Volume Label won`t show up in explorer and
when copying files, explorer explains about "long filenames not supported"
A reboot fixed the problem for me. :( ( ok, i will smile a little bit :| )

Don`t know if this is an OS or an driver issue. (maybe something related to
USB Chipset initialisation??)
Hey - maybe this IS related to rockbox - didn`t find any hints elsewhere on
the net - this
really is worth being mentioned on this list.

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more +++