Subject: recursive playlist maker
From: Vincent Kargatis (
Date: 2003-01-02

I just compiled a script to create recursive playlists for any folder
containing sub-folders - useful to mimic the oft-seen request for
rockbox to virtually make recursive playlists from any folder. It
creates a pl_recursive.m3u for any applicable folder in your jukebox
tree. All I did was steal a treewalker script and inserted a call to
the DOS dir command (which you can change with a unix find if on unix).
So it's nothing special, but does work, and fully satisfies the
recursive functionality (i.e., you just go into a folder and play
pl_recursive.m3u with shuffle on, and there ya go).

The treewalker I got from Dave Tweed from usenet:

perl "F:\."
if F: is your jukebox drive.

It's perl, with a system call to DOS's 'dir', so change as needed.

FWIW! Use or ignore as desired.

Vincent Kargatis