Subject: Ideas for useing he MAS chip as a generic DSP
From: ABAZ (
Date: 2003-01-03

When I was reading the FAQ regarding the troubles with the MAS chip, I though of
two possible ideas for getting it to work with raw data. They aren't
particularly good, but they aren't too bad either. Just throwing them out
1) Try telling the MAS chip to run program whatever when no program is loaded.
This may cause it to just pracess the data like a general DSP.
2) (Not the best idea) After decoding, reencode the data as an MP3 (or other
supported format). The result is only temporary, so it can be a very high
bitrate and poorly (quickly) compressed.