Subject: Re: Recording maximum filesize?

Re: Recording maximum filesize?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:33:14 +0100

Martin Borus wrote:
> The files play OK. Starting them takes a while, I assume that
> this time is used for the identification of ID3 tags.

Yes, since there is no ID3V2 tag, it looks for an ID3V1 tag at the end
of the file, and this takes a while since the file is that large.

> I stopped the recording once per day to keep the file size of the
> recordings below 2GB - just to be safe. For future recordings I'm
> curious if this is necessary:
> Is there a file size limit (2GB or 4GB) on the jukebox?

Creating files larger than 2Gb is not recommended on FAT32 file systems.
In general, 2Gb is the largest file you can create with FAT32.

> If there ist it would be useful if the unit would start a new file before
> the limit is reached. If this can be done without losing audio data I'd
> love a user defined maximum recording filesize.

That is a great idea.

> With this you could keep the unit doing unattended recordings for
> a week or more. This would be great for summer music festival weekends:
> You drive to the event, stay there all weekend and while you're there the
> jukebox sits at home and captures the whole event off the radio.

That would indeed be nice!

/Linus