Subject: Queue function

Queue function

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:25:48 -0800

Hi all,

I posted a queue function patch to the sourceforge tracker a couple of weeks
ago but haven't received much feedback. If any of you have some spare time
and are interested, please try it out and let me know what you think.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=655105&group_id=443
06&atid=439120

Sourceforge comments:
Implements queue function. While playing a playlist
(playlist file as well as dirplay) hold on to "play"
(recorder: "right" also works) for a few seconds on the
track you want to queue and a message will appear
informing you it has been queued. All queued tracks
will be played after the current track finishes. Once all
the queued tracks are finished, the playlist continues
where it left off.

Notes:
- Resume remembers the queue list and continues
exactly where you stopped (TODO: make this
configurable)
- The queue list can have maximum of 8 songs at a time
- Once a queued track is completed, it is removed from
the queue list. Previous will take you to the last played
song in the playlist (ie. not the queue list).
- "Repeat one" will work with a queued song, none of
the other repeat settings have any affect.
- The queuelist is saved to disk (/.rockbox/.queue_file --
aka the poor man's playlist). The ".rockbox" directory
must exist for queuing to work.
- Some of the peak meter settings have been moved out
of rtc so that the queue resume index can be stored.

-Hardeep