Subject: Re: Archos Multimedia detailed hardware information
From: Joaquim Carvalho (
Date: 2003-01-05

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 18:18, Greg Haerr wrote:
> > The device uses the Texas Instruments TMS320DSC21 ARM+DSP processor and
> > probably runs the OpenSource OS DSPLinux
> This was announced by RidgeRun, Inc., but if I'm not mistaken,
> they've ran out of money and are no longer in business. Does
> anybody know where this source code is?

I looked on the net for quite a while but could not find it available
for download. It's strange how some OpenSource projects vanish in thin
air. According to Texas Instruments:

"Also available from Spectrum Digital is a bundled DSPLinux" C5471 EVM
package with the RidgeRun" DSPLinux development and Operating System
Platform, Board Support Package (BSP), and integrated emulation."

Joaquim Carvalho