Subject: Re: Question on loadable fonts for the 5000
From: Robert Hak (
Date: 2003-01-05

If i remember correctly, loadable fonts is a post 1.4 (namely cvs only)
feature. Try downloading a daily build from the download page and use

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Jeremy Krall wrote:

I just installed 1.4 today on my Archos 5000 and first off let me say it was
simple to do and I was incredibly impressed, so thank you all for working so
hard on this.

My question is about the loadable fonts. I have copied them into the
.rockbox folder and also into root (just to test) and I can see them in the
Directory Browser, but when I hit Play on them nothing happens. Can someone
let me know if I am doing something wrong here? The filenames are taken
right off the site so they are under the 24 char limit and I even tried
converting from BDF to FNT on my machine just in case something was wrong
with the FNT files.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

                    Robert E. Hak

      Rockbox: The Archos Firmware Replacement!

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very
 angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
        - Douglas Adams