Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Minimalistic Build-Environment for win32 (~7.5MB)
i have minimized my cygwin environment to the absolute (!?) minimum
that you can still use it for building rockbox (sh1 binaries).
Latest daily build configres and compiles fine - though the whole
environemt (w/o rockbox source) is just ~7.5MB tarred and bzipped.
It includes export of the registry settings cygwin needs for proper
can be imported by simple mouseclick.
Is there any interest that i make this available for download?
I think it would be suitable for
- people with slow internet connection
- people who want to hack rockbox, but don`t want to fiddle around with all
that "setup the build environment stuff"
- no possibility to compile the five rockbox utilities under ~/tools/...
is only sh1 gcc. since there isn`t much dynamics in this section, i could
separately if they are being updated. (btw: bmp2rb.exe seems broken on
Compiling the stuff under ~/uisimulator/... isn`t possible, too.
- cygwin "integrity" is broken now, so you can`t/shouldn`t use cygwin
installing/deinstalling cygwin packages anymore. (didn`t try)
- if rockbox build process (configure ...) is changed it COULD be necessary
"minimalistic" cygwin also needs some update, because of new tools being
used in the
build process. So this package would need to be "maintained".
Anyway, we have just 7.5 MB sized very easy to setup "rockbox build
one could live with that caveats.
What do you think ?
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr für 1 ct/ Min. surfen!
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew