Subject: Re: Minimalistic Build-Environment for win32 (~7.5MB)

Re: Minimalistic Build-Environment for win32 (~7.5MB)

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:07:01 +0100 (MET)

Hi again,

I`d like to know your opinion if "rockbox sdk win32" should (or should not)
have gcc/i386 inside ?
i see a big advantage if i leave that out: download size is smaller.
We just neet gcc/i386 for compiling stuff in ./tools - currently 5 utilities
inside which
didn`t change very much in the past.(and possibly in the future)

They could be separately distributed in binary form.
If this is welcome - could someone change the Makefile that they being used
from somewhere inside $PATH, so that they don`t need to be copied to ./tools

over and over again , if you delete source-tree and checkout fresh one.
The Makefile insists on them being in ./tools, but why not looking in $PATH,
if
they don`t exist there?
regards
Roland

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---