Subject: changing to original Firmware

changing to original Firmware

From: Jörg C. Pochmann <jcpochmann_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:35:32 +0100

Hi again,
one more question to the change to Archos Original Firmware (it is not that detailed in
FAQ).
The only way I found is to download new Firmware from Archos website and "play" it
from rockbox.
Unfortunately, the available Version is 1.27d, my Recorder has a built-in Version of
1.28.
Is there a way to use the built-in Version?

BTW: Why has the .rockbox-Directory to start with a dot (".")?
Only that it is the entry in first position of the root-Directory?

Best

Jörg