Subject: smaller HD does not work in AJBR20

smaller HD does not work in AJBR20

From: Jörg C. Pochmann <jcpochmann_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:35:32 +0100

Hi,
I just want to let you know not only bigger HDs may fail to work.
I tried to exchange my 12 GB Notebook-HD with Archos Hitachi-Drive.
The Notebook worked fine with the Hitachi, only Archos didn't like the
Toshiba MK1214GAP-(PM) with 12 GB.

It showed the known "HD register error"
SC1 (85) 227
SN1 (170) 0
SC2 (170) 18
SN2 (85) 211

The Numbers seem to change with different Partitioning- and Formatting Parameters of
the HD.

Do you know, why some Drives work with Archos and some do not?
Or is there a way to make the Toshiba fitting to the recorder?

With best wishes for the new year

Jörg