Subject: RE: Backlight on recorder dimming?

RE: Backlight on recorder dimming?

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:14:48 +0100 (MET)

Hey Rockboxers,

maybe there are some ajb`s out "in the wild" which have this dimming feature
-
perhaps it`s a feature not meant for "public usage" - but maybe some "tuned"
or
"pre series" jukeboxes spuriously excaped from the archos development
department
for some reason ???

I think that the dimming effect, MOST people realize is due to the voltage
drop
of the batteries, when hhd spins up.

But:
> Even when the disk is not spinning, spinning up, or spinning down, I can
> press the volume up/down (other buttons work but I will go with this
example)
> button and the back light will come on and after 4s (the time I have it
set for)
> it will get slightly brighter, and then get progressively dimmer and
dimmer until
> the LEDs are off. Off to the best my feeble optic nerve can determine. I
am
> willing to crack it open and stick the backlight on the oscope and see
what truly is
> happening.

indeed, this is strange !
Perhaps, we should collect some information:
- what exact jb model ?
- where and when was it bought ?
- when/how does it happen ?

regards