Subject: Re: USB cable - will any do?
From: for_spam_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-01-06

No - nothing special.
IMHO just any usb cable (male [type A] to male) will do.
just like:
http://www.amamax.com/6usbcabtypto1.html
Though, they are hard to find sometimes. not every shop has them available
(at least here in germany).
All cables i have tried for now (at least 3 different "models") worked
flawlessly
with my JB.
Did you ask archos for "replacement" cable and they said it would cost $30
???
This doesn`t wonder me - e.g. ask SONY for "replacement" of one Viao
notebook
component and you will get a vague imagination, how companies make their
money
with "spare parts" :)

regards
Roland