Subject: Re: USB cable - will any do?
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2003-01-06

Cameron LiDestri wrote:

> Is there anything special about the USB cable that comes with the
> Jukebox recorder? $30 for an replacement from Archos seems steep.

Yes, there is an A type contact on both ends (but not like on an
extension cable). A normal USB cable consits of an A and a B contact.

> Any other options out there?

Yes, I've found a converter plug, that changes a B contact to an A
contact. That in combination with a normal USB cable works fine. I think
I paid about $10 for the converter and a cable.

Magnus Holmgren