Subject: RE: Playlist creation under windoz
From: Sundar, Shekhar (MSTG-NY) (
Date: 2003-01-07

depending on your organization of your music and folders.. you can use a variation of :

dir *.mp3 /s /d /b >All_MP3s.m3u <- this by David Reis
sed s/E:\\/..\//g All_MP3s.m3u > All_mp3s1.m3u <- here I'm replacing E:\ with ../
sed s/\\/\//g All_mp3s1.m3u > All_mp3s2.m3u <- here I'm replacing other \ with /
mv All_mp3s2.m3u playlists/all.m3u <- moving my playlist to the playlists folder
rm All_mp3s1.m3u <- delete the temp. files used for sed'ing
rm All_mp3s.m3u <- delete the temp. files used for sed'ing

I have a folder called 'music' and all my music is under that.. and I have a folder called 'playlists' with all my playlists under that..