Subject: reverse style
Date: 2003-01-07

Hello Rockboxers,

what do you think if rockbox-userinterface would be changed, that selected
files are being highlighted by "reversing" the textline ?
This would free some space for displaying more text (~1 char)

I have made some "fake" pics (screenshotted the emulator), see:
(in fictitious "version 2" icons are only being displayed in the
selected/reversed line)

This modification would be "recorder only" because the player
isn`t capable reversing the characters (i`m shure it is NOT possible - there
are just 8 custom chars which could be "abused" for such, but a line is
16chars width).

I`ve seen, there was some discussion on the list:

Would anybody (or possibly everybody) welcome this modification ?

This also would have another advantage ! read:
>It looks a bit crap because the border is missing (the battary symbol looks

>like a corner missing from display), but I noticed that the scrolling is
>MUCH easier to read in white on black than the other way round...

I think Apple`s iPod also does it the "reverse" way - never saw it "live",
but this screenshots:
induce me to this assumption.

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more +++