Subject: RE: Queue function
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2003-01-07

> Seems to work fine on my archos, but that was just an inital try, I will
> try to beat it up more later.

Cool, thanks.

> One thing that would be nice is that if you are playing a playlist, for it
> to check and see if the song that you queued up is in the playlist and
> temporarily remove it. That way if I want to play a song that is on
> the playlist "now" I don't have to worry about it showing up later.
> (I'm using this for break music during a show, and I get requests
> from time to time). I don't know how the "current" playlist code
> organizes the data so this may not be easy, but if it is it would be
> nice.

An interesting idea, I can see how it could be useful. However, deleting
items from a playlist is non-trivial and potentially expensive because we
would have to scan the playlist file. Also, handling resume correctly would
be a little tricky. Still, this is something i'll definitely look into
after we've got the basic functionality committed.

> It also appears that your patch is broken again with the new CVS,
> or I don't know how to run patch (either is quite likley). It seems
> to have a problem patching apps/applimits.h for MAX_QUEUED_FILES.
> I edited it in by hand and it seems to build fine.

I just tried it out and it worked fine ("patch -p0 -i
queue_function_4.diff"). Did you apply it to a clean version of the latest
CVS?

-Hardeep