Subject: Re: FM transmitters - any suggestions ?

Re: FM transmitters - any suggestions ?

From: Garrett Derner <GaryD_at_AdFreeInternet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:32:42 -0600

> does anyone have a recommendation for the best way to play the rockbox
over
> a car stereo (only has CD player and AM/FM tuner.... no input jack)
?--bryce

I get acceptable results (not trouble-free, but good enough that I do
listen) using the C.Crane
http://www.ccrane.com/fm_transmitter.asp
in Chicago and suburbs. Usually I can find a free channel, but college
stations come and go, so sometimes I have to change frequencies while
driving.

I have to admit, a modulator-only unit, such as the "Microboss" modulator
which Thierry mentioned
http://www.microboss.de/mp3/mp3_english/mp3carrock.htm
sounds like a better idea for the car, and cheaper.

The only advantage to the transmitter is sometimes it is handy to be able to
bring it into friends' houses and play through their radios without need of
cables.

-Garrett