Subject: Archos Jukebox design flaw

Archos Jukebox design flaw

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 01:23:18 +0100 (MET)

Hello,
bought this really nice piece of hardware today at a local computerstore for

about 37€:
http://rockbox.my-vserver.de/pics/usb20_hdd.jpg

It is external usb 2.0 2.5" hdd case.
I did a hdd upgrade for my juke some days ago and had no usage for the
"original"
archos hdd - so i decided to use it as additional portable storage.
This device has additional power adapter, but i forgot to plug it in - just
plugged
in the usb. And then - surprise - it worket just via usb ! no wonder - usb
specs say,
that you can get 500mA from usb ports.
This device has same Chipset (ISD300) as archos JB Recorder.
I`m really angry, that archos development did ignore usb power !!! When
moving
between work and home i always have to carry 2nd device with me - the archos

power supply. grrrrrr..... (ok, now with the new device, i have an option
to choose..)

regards
Roland