Subject: RE: Archos Jukebox design flaw

RE: Archos Jukebox design flaw

From: Justin <jaf60_at_it.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:06:20 -0800

From memory (of someone else's readings) it's about 230mA, hence people
using 300mA regulated adaptors without problem.
Also, since the Archos further reduces and regulates the input power
voltage internally, you might only need to convert the USB up to 8 or
8.5V, thus increasing the leeway (well, getting some breathing space
anyway :).
However, it sounded like at least one batch of US models were altered to
take the kings adaptor over-volting without damage, so apparently not
even 9V is enough to charge those ones properly.).
Mine runs ok at 7.5V but charges significantly slower than normal at
that voltage. I'd guess at 8V being as low as I'd want to run it.

Oh oh oh! I have a brand new AJBR20 sitting here that I'd forgotten
about.
(How did I forget about something like that, you ask? I bought it for a
friend, and it'll be a while until I deliver it)
I might test that one also...