Subject: Yet another playlist generator and mp3 renamer
From: Melih ÖZBEK (
Date: 2003-01-08

I modified the program so that you can choose to rename mp3s from ID tags,
any combination of tracknumber, songtitle, artist, album and year.

Note that tracknumber is supported only by newer version of the ID tags.. So
if there is no ID tag in the file, it simply skips. Instead of renaming it
"15_tracktitle.mp3" it just rename the file "tracktitle.mp3"

If there are illegal characters like "\" in one of the ID tag you choose the
file is not renamed.

I copied 1000 MP3 file to my disk and run the program. It works fine for any

I strongly recommend you to backup your files first, then run the program.
Because sometimes ID tags are garbage and no undo after renaming files. you
may think renaming one directory at a time...

You can download the program from
This is about 1.3 mb (sorry, it must include VB6 runtime dll files)

If you believe you installed a vb program before, you might have those big
runtime dlls, so you can try