Subject: Re: RTC alarm works - any software design ideas? (was: need RTC help!)
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-08

Uwe Freese wrote:
> What ideas do you have for this? Comments?

I think if we build it, the users will come up with all kinds of wild ideas. They usually do. :-)

> Zagor: Did you plan a general timer function like this in more detail?

Not really. I've been toying with the idea of using the RTC alarm to wake up from cpu deep sleep mode (0.1uA), but since it requires a hardware modification I haven't bothered much with it.

Generally, I feel code that depends on hardware mods should not be in CVS but rather available as a patch for those who hack their units. I'm not religious about this, though, if you make an elegant solution it might be accepted.

> For the electronics part: Expect a detailed description and photos of
> this mod in a few days if all works fine.

Nice!

--
Björn