Subject: Re: ignoring paths when playingg from playlists
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-08

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> One can say that a playlist with songs like
> c:\windows\users\lammer\desktop\my music\somealbum\song1.mp3
> is "wrong" and from a strict point of view it is, but many users
> are not technically oriented and do not want to be. Some piece of
> software wrote those playlists, not them!

I agree with you. We may have the "moral high ground", but that doesn't make the users any happier.

It is fairly simple to just cut directories from the beginning of the file path until we either find the file or run out of path. This should, of course, be done when loading the mp3 file, not the playlist.

--
Björn