Subject: Re[2]: [ rockbox-Feature Requests-664842 ] Battery % and Time Left on USB screen
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-01-09

Hello Björn,

Björn Stenberg wrote on Thursday, January 9, 2003, 10:28:07 AM:

BS> Uwe, will battery_time() show correct values in USB mode, i.e when
BS> the unit uses much more power than normal?

The battery level should be ok, because it is allowed to go 3% down per
minute in usb mode instead of 1% in normal mode.

But the battery_time is calculated out of a constant power consumption
(160 mA ?).
Should I change it so it considers another power consumption when in usb
mode? What value (in mA) should I take? Assuming a 3h running time in
usb mode, it maybe consumes 600 mA?

BS> By the way, I'm impressed by battery_time()! It's very acccurate on
BS> my JBR20.

Fine! That was the idea. :-)

Bye, Uwe.