Subject: power_off() can result in hang-ups!?

power_off() can result in hang-ups!?

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:36:23 +0100

Hello,

UF> But I've a problem: When I call power_off(), the device hangs randomly!
UF> Is there a circumstance under which I must not call power_off()? It also
UF> seems that the device hangs more often when the disc is active.

It seems that it happens when the backlight is on.

Backlight on means the SQWE flag (square wave enable bit) is 1, and in
this case it hangs in most cases.

Could this be a general problem? I think it could also lead to hang ups
if power_off is called in powermgmt.c because of the auto-shutoff
feature and the backlight is on! (It only hasn't happened in the past
because the user has usually (backlight timeout) < (shutoff time) ).

Suggestion: power_off should turn the backlight off by clearing the sqwe
bit in the rtc.

Bye, Uwe.