Subject: RE: batteries
From: James Ockwell (James_at_justrams.co.uk)
Date: 2003-01-09

mail_at_justrams.co.uk - Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are
those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of Just
Rams Plc. Computer viruses can be transmitted with e-mails. The
recipient must virus-check this email and any attachments. E-mails may
be monitored and stored.

Dear Ewe,
How does bitrate affect the calculations ? I ask as most of my recordings
are done at 192Kb or higher, which must access the disc more often ?
        Thanks, James

===== Original Message from rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se at 09/01/03 12:26
Hello Ed,

Ed Wilson wrote on Thursday, January 9, 2003, 12:55:22 PM:

EW> b) whats the best way to use this setting.. should it match the
EW> battery precisely or should you set it a little higher/lower

You should set the correct value there. If your batteries are old and
you think they have lost capacity, you can set the value lower.
The calculated running time is calculated out of the value, for the
charging, it only has less importance.

EW> c) how much benefit would I get from getting some better batteries
EW> (2400 seems to be the maximum setting although I think I've only
EW> ever seen people mention 2000mAh on this list)

That's linear. Using 2000 mAh batteries instead of 1500 mAh add 33%
running time.

Please read also docs/CHARGING_ALGORITHM, if you are generally
interested in more details.

Bye, Uwe.