Subject: Re: usb 2.0 transfers hanging the computer

Re: usb 2.0 transfers hanging the computer

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:50:21 +0100 (MET)

Hello Bruce,

> at work, my usb 2.0 works about half the time. it's
>really really fast, except for the fact that the computer
>hangs very frequently. sometimes i
Yes - this happens with win98 :)

> unregistered)... other times i have to restart the whole
>computer.
even that isn´t unusual with win98 ;)

> any suggestions?
get a reasonable OS. LINUX is for free and Win2k/XP is
MUCH better OS than Windoze98
Just believe that.
Mane people i know (with win9x/Me) have the Problems you
describe, too.

> this issue, i have determined the following: rockbox is one
>gazillion billion trillion x-illion times better. thanks, everyone.
Regarding PC - OS , I would say, we have the same proportion
here :)
XP is a delight - everbody who denies this is ignorant or has never
used it ! ( I`m Unix-fan, too - so don`t bother me for being "pro M$"
- but this time , exceptionally they did their job well! )

regards
Roland

PS:
I don`t want this Message being misconceived as some starting thread for
"which is the best OS"-Discussion. Please use other forums for that.