Subject: Re: usb 2.0 transfers hanging the computer
From: Bryce Benton (me_at_brycebenton.com)
Date: 2003-01-09

> >> at work, my usb 2.0 works about half the time. it's really really
> fast, except for the fact that the computer hangs very frequently.
> sometimes i can ctrl-alt-delete and restart my file manager
> (TotalCommander 5.0, unregistered)... other times i have to restart the
> whole computer.

update:
apparently, usb 2.0 takes a lot of computer resources... but it may be that
i spoke too soon. it seems like the transfer happens in bursts, with it
seeming like it is stuck in the times between bursts. it might be that i
freaked out a little too soon.

i'm still not sure if it was a false alarm or not, though.

--bryce

[insert rockbox praise here]