Subject: Problems with booting and __mulsi3

Problems with booting and __mulsi3

From: ABAZ <dillonco_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:08:34 -0500

I wrote my own simple boot program so I could experiment with faster LCD and
such routines. However, I've noticed that gcc has a bizarre tendincy to include
things from the libgcc.a file (can't it do a 8 bit right shift? "shlr8").
However, when it includes the __mulsi3 function, my program won't boot. I have
it turn on the LED first thing (after initializing) in order to see if it booted
and my routine crashed. With __mulsi3 the LED doesn't turn on. Remove the
multiplication (it's just two chars, why does it need this?) and the program
boots fine. Why is this happening?
BTW, I'm useing the GNUSH package and its library (there was no difference using
the library from the rockbox cygwin-thing).