Subject: Rocklatin in Player

Rocklatin in Player

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:32:34 +0100 (MET)

Hello every Player owner (especially from non-english country),

I and Mats Lidell have implemented a charset called Rocklatin1 in the Archos
player. It is more or less Latin1, but modified because extra characters/icons
(and some missing).

The thing is that you shall now be able to view national characters in all
texts (filenames/menues). Most characters already existed in the old
LCD-version of the player (but not used until now) so there you see hardware
characters, but for every other characters (especially the new LCD-version) we
are dynamically mapping needed characters to the 4 or 8 definable patterns
that exist.
If the 4/8 definable patterns are taken we show a substitute character instead
(as you are used to already).

It works in the simulator and it works on tested hardware. Bugs are very
likely to exist so I would like everyone interested in this feature to test
it. Mats and I are swedish, so we only have about 6 national characters
when doing realistic tests.
Send a mail telling your result. Don't forget to say if you have the old or
new LCD hardware.

Documentation telling some details is is coming soon on the web.

Regards
 Kjell Ericson