Subject: RE: Rolo

RE: Rolo

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:14:15 -0000

You have to download the latest ajbrec.ajz from the archos website. Then
rename it to reboot.ajz (or anything other than ajbrec.ajz). I think the
point you are missing is that ROLO loads and tries to run the .ajz file that
you choose. So that .ajz file must be a valid firmware upgrade file - it
can't just be some empty file you created in notepad!

ROLO does not revert to the built-in ROM firmware - it seems like that is
what you are thinking will happen. It actually runs that .ajz file you
choose. So in your latest effort, ROLO is actually working, but it loads
the exact same version of RockBox that you started with, because your
reboot.ajz file is simply a renamed copy of your ajbrec.ajz file.

So it is quite simple really, you get a copy of your built-in ROM firmware
from archos, in the form of an .ajz file that you can download from their
site - which you rename, and then run using ROLO.

Maybe the FAQ needs to be a bit clearer.

Stu.