Subject: Re: power_off() problem
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-01-10

Hello,

UF> But I've a problem: When I call power_off(), the device hangs randomly!
UF> Is there a circumstance under which I must not call power_off()? It also
UF> seems that the device hangs more often when the disc is active.

Argh! I don't know why and how, but somehow the alarm (/IRQ) went on
when I turned the "alarm flag enable" on. This should not happen, but it
did.

That "pressed" the ON switch and therefore the device cannot switch off
itself. I now check if enabling the alarm works (without the alarm going
off immediately) and try again if it doesn't work.

So: No error in power_off and nothing to change there!

Bye, Uwe.