Subject: Re: Battery display bug.

Re: Battery display bug.

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:44:40 +0100

Hello,

gerald clark wrote on Saturday, January 11, 2003, 3:20:55 AM:

gc> Using 2003-01-10 16:19 CVS build,
gc> about 1 minute after plugging in the charger,
gc> the battery switches from numeric to graphic.

"It's not a bug,..." (you know the rest ;)

When charging, I don't want to show the actual level. It cannot
calculated very exact. And when it shows 80% and then the charging
turns off, I fear of users that explain "there's a bug in charging -
charging stops too early and the batteries are not charged completely".

So an "animation" is shown. When set to numeric, it showed "0%, 34%,
68%, 100%" which I found annoying and changed it (some weeks ago) to
also show the graphic animation then.

But I see that the user also can consider this as a bug ("I've set it to
numerical, but is is graphical sometimes").

The only alternative I can think of is to show CHG instead. But because
that is an english abbreviation of "charging", it should be language
specific.

What do others think what should be shown while charging and numerical
battery display is set?

Bye, Uwe.