Subject: "design flaw" again :)

"design flaw" again :)

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:00:30 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

regarding http://www.bwill.net/archos_fix.html
I have made the same experience and really share your opinion.

>My next project, now that I've voided my expired warranty anyway, will be
to find or scratch-build a
> new shell which will be much smaller and support the batteries better.
would like a new shell, too. i`m also trying to add some additional fixation
to the sides of the battery
silo.
Wenn I put batteries into that, the sides bend very heavily so you really
think: "ouch - that
will break sooner or later"

>I'd also like to see if I can replace the AA batteries with an
off-the-shelf cell phone or similar battery.
mhh - AA`s have best form factor for ajb. How will you put a cellphone
battery inside ? Then your overall
formfactor will change rapidly. Also keep in mind, that archos has loading
cuircit inside, which is
for NiCad or NiMh - cellphone batteries are usually LiIon - so you will be
kill your cells for shure (and
possibly the jukebox, too)

Please share your ideas and tips regarding "case mod". Think here are some
people out who also
would like a new case for archos.

regards
Roland

> After more than a year of lock-ups, crashes, and generally poor
performance, I finally got fed up and opened my JB20 to see if it was
something I could fix - it was!

> Click below to see the lack of QA at Archos (at least when I bought mine)
and how I fixed it.