Subject: new in town: OutRBox

new in town: OutRBox

From: Holger Lembke <holger_at_hlembke.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:35:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm new in town, so bear with me. Hopefully not to much about repetitive
topics...
Spoiler-Warning: This message will contain the words iPod, Microsoft and
Outlook.

Currently I'm deep in love with my little Jukebox JR20. I didn't toyed
around much with the shipped software, Rockbox looked much nicer.

What I miss is something iPod-like for appointments, contacts and such
stuff.

Having some experience with programming Microsoft Outlook, I used the last
evening (a lie, not only the evening...) to create

    OutRBox

A very simple application: it grabs all items in your Outlook, converts
them to text, replicates the folder structure on the JukeBox and places the
text files into it. With Rockbox it is easily browsable and viewable.

OutRBox is freware, currently Executable only (500k), source will be
released as freeware, if I feel it doesn't harm my reputation any more to
show it (it contains some quick hacks and one commercial code fragment that
will be/need to be replaced).

Visit http://www.hlembke.de/prod/outrbox

--
Holger Lembke