Subject: Re[2]: RTC alarm Wake-up mod finished - doc available
From: Uwe Freese (
Date: 2003-01-11

gerald clark wrote on Friday, January 10, 2003, 11:59:28 PM:

>> I've finished the documentation that describes how to modify the AJB
>> Recorder to have a wake up function.
gc> Possible solution to alarm on while JBR on.
gc> How about a menu option to turn off the JBR
gc> that turns off the alarm, and does a power off?

I think you've read my documentation? Then you misunderstood it. Maybe I
should make it more clear..

Turning on the alarm while AJB is on *could* (generally spoken) be a
problem. But my implementation makes this never occur. So there is no
problem with this.

There *is* a new function in the main menu, and it does what you meant:

- user sets the time and presses PLAY
- Rockbox sets the alarm time in rtc
- it turns on the alarm flags (and makes sure that the alarm output pin is
  not on, which would prevent shutting down)
- shuts down the device

Bye, Uwe.