Subject: Re: Entering recording filenames fast - Re: Recording filenames

Re: Entering recording filenames fast - Re: Recording filenames

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:30:25 +0100

Am 11 Jan 2003 um 23:30 hat Björn Stenberg geschrieben:

> Martin Borus wrote:
> > All uppercase and the rest would fit one on shift level.

> No. Remember this is an internation device. We want full ISO 8859-1 support. The current Recorder keyboard uses three pages, looking like this:

This was only meant as an example. (Living in Germany
close to Denmark I have the special character problem
as well...)

I still favor the idea that I can make the keys user defined -
for most users this will mean that they only need two levels.

> > All the important letters are close to each other. This takes a few minutes
> > of getting used to, then greatly increasing the typing speed.
>
> I considered but rejected the "speed-writing keyboard" idea, because I don't think
> we'll be using the keyboard frequently enough
> that it will feel worth it to learn a whole new keyboard system. Let's face it, nobody > is going to write novels on the Archos, or even texts as long as an SMS message. It >will mostly be small stuff like file and song names.

True, I guess that most people will not care about this - that's why I'd like this
optional. I'd certainly use it. One of my Archos usesage is the conversion of my
whole cassette collection, another is recording off the radio. Both require rather long
filenames. And you never know, there might at some later time be an ID3 editor and
and a small text editor...

Martin