Subject: Re: Recording filenames
From: for_spam_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-01-11

Hello Matt,

> I rather liked the setup of the stock Archos file naming technique - set a
> filename, and the software will increment it numerically with each new
> recording. Rockbox is set up the same way, except we can't change the
> filename. :-) I hate to bother you with something so relatively trivial,
> but it would make my life a whole lot easier.
hey - stay tuned - someone will "do" that feature one day :)

> Instead of the Archos character input method, might I suggest that we (at
> some later date) implement a typing scheme similar to that used on cell
> phones? (i.e., press a key repeatedly for the character you want - 2 =
> A,B,C; 3=D,E,F; 4=G,H,I, etc.) I think we have enough buttons to make it
> relatively efficient. I would make each button responsible for 4
> characters
maybe this is some more "difficult" in handling since we have less buttons.

> or so, with a dedicated upper/lowercase/symbols toggle button. (I really
> like the setup of the S/E T68i GSM phone's input style, as an example.)
Is there something like "Open-T9" on the net so we could integrate that
into rockbox ? ;) Any hackers on this list ? Perhaps s.o. could hack into
Nokia Corporate Network and and take a look on T9 Code ? :))))

regards
Roland