Subject: Re: Entering recording filenames fast - Re: Recording filenames

Re: Entering recording filenames fast - Re: Recording filenames

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:22:50 +0100

Am 12 Jan 2003 um 12:11 hat Andreas Stemmer geschrieben:

> Martin Borus wrote:
> > I still favor the idea that I can make the keys user defined -
> > for most users this will mean that they only need two levels.
>
> What would be the benefits of only two levels instead of three?
>With three
> levels, each letter is easy to find and to switch levels you only need one
> button press. If you make the field bigger to get everything into two
> levels, you need more cursor button presses, there's no gain.

True, the number of key presses might be equal or even a bit more.

Still with two levels it's easier to navigate though. For a file name without
capital letters I might not need to change levels at all. I'm really annoyed with the
current Archos firmware where I have to hit the rather small F-key way to often
during titling.

This's my opinion - yours might differ, that's why a user defined setup is
probably best.

Martin