Subject: Buffer Underrun
From: gerald clark (
Date: 2003-01-11

I am running current CVS version.

I like to listen to Wales Radio programs.

When playing 32Kbps 22KHz MP3 with anti skip set to the
max of 7 seconds, the watermark is at 0x11170.
In debug, I see that the buffer position display is
only updated every 0x10000 bytes. It appears that
the watermark is checked at this time.
Since with this MP3, this is every 10 seconds or so,
the buffer ocassionally underruns.
It does not even turn on the drive until after the buffer reaches 0.
Can't the buffer be compared to the water mark more often?
Perhaps every 0x8000 bytes instead?

Gerald L. Clark

Aero TerraTrike #1

Member: Sky Soaring

Illinois, U.S.A.

Archos Recorder JBR20101 1.28 0x302 positive 0x200 positive 11.0592