Subject: Queue.

Queue.

From: Henri DAVID <hdavid_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:13:54 +0100

Hi all !

I was thinking about the Queue functionality. it would be great if Rockbox
would manage it in a slightly different way. the main idea here is to give
Rockbox a "current playlist".

Instead of having this idea of queue, we could make rockbox to use a
"current playlist" (.rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u for instance). This will
simplify a bit the resume functionality as we'll have only to save the
current index in the playlist and the offset in the currently played file as
the curent playlist is allways .rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u.

When queuing a track (or a folder, or a playlist) it would be appended at
the end of .rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u.

When playing a playlist it will copy it into .rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u

When playing a file mp3, all the files contained in this folder are added to
.rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u (like the current album play feature ;) )

this would also allow the user to create playlist using rockbox (by copying
.rockbox/currentplaylist.m3u somewhere )

Any Comments on this ?

henri