Subject: Re: Book Marking Functionality
From: Vincent Kargatis (lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr)
Date: 2003-01-12

From: "Benjamin Metzler" <ben_at_samuraipanda.com>
> How to create a bookmark:
> 1. Start an MP3/M3U running.
> 2. Goto the main menu (F1 on the Recorder 20). The first item will be
> "Create A Bookmark". Select it.
>
> How to load a bookmark:
> 1. Locate the bookmark file you want to load. It will have a BMF
> extension.
> 2. Select the bookmark file by clicking the Play button.

Although bookmarking (playlists) is my most desired feature, this to me
seems way
too cumbersome for usability. Automatic bookmarking is essential for
this capability
imo. Basically (see the bookmarking feature request for more), when you
STOP a playlist, it auto-bookmarks the resume location, and when you
next PLAY a playlist, it looks for an extant bookmark and asks if you
want to resume. I would find that useful - having to consciously
bookmark a playlist every time I STOP it would be very cumbersome.
Additionally, I can't imagine how anyone would find the auto-bookmark
cumbersome.