Subject: Re: Buffer Underrun

Re: Buffer Underrun

From: gerald clark <gerald_clark_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:52:39 -0600

In view of your explanation, I have re-tested.

I wait for the drive to spin down before playing the MP3.
This assures a spin-up to get a proper water mark.

The watermark value is the same, no matter
what anti-skip is set to.
It always appears as A410.
I stop playing, and wait for the drive to spin down.
I play the file again, and the watermark includes
anti-skip time.

The water mark value does not include anti-skip
time until the 2nd spinup.
At this point, the buffer has underrun.

--
Gerald L. Clark