Subject: Xing headers optional? Re: Record bug?

Xing headers optional? Re: Record bug?

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:05:17 +0100

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 14.01.03 00:16:12:
> Matthew P. OReilly wrote:

> Rockbox will add Xing headers to the recorded files, but not until I can
> find the time to commit it to CVS (it is written, but not tested).

Just out of curiosity: Will the Xing headers be created after you press
stop to finish the recording - needing you to copy the entire file?

If that the case it might be a good idea to make them optional -
I'm a bit worried that a function like this might affect the long time
recording possibilities:

I usually record 12 -16 hours of radio to cut out the shows I miss while at work.
The resulting files are 700 MB or longer, so stopping might not only take a very
long time, also there could not be enough space on the hard disk to copy the
entire file.

Martin
Die vCard - Ihr neues Kennzeichen - bei WEB.DE FreeMail!
http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021156