Subject: RE: Config menu cancel
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-01-13

> Björn Stenberg wrote:
>
> Kjell Ericson wrote:
> > But I still belive it is better to have "OK/PLAY" and "CANCEL/STOP"
> > buttons. It is my way of seeing config setting. It is not a file
> > browsing where you "leave" a menu setting, you chose "okey"
> or cancel.
> >
> > I think it is more intuitive...
>
> You could be right. But I think it's too confusing to change
> this now. I'm OK with adding so that PLAY exits the setting
> too, just like STOP/OFF. But I'm not OK with inverting the
> behaviour STOP has had for the last 6 months.

I agree with Kjell. It could be more intuitive, but of course, it's
difficult to change something established. I don't know how it is on the
player models, but on the recorder there's lot's of space on the display
to display something like "PLAY: Ok, OFF: Cancel" as it is already done
on the time/date screen. Another possiblity would be to display the old
value in brackets additionally.

Andreas Stemmer